Building Code Enforcement
- CONSTRUCTION WITHOUT A PERMIT - See Requirements for Construction Concealed Prior to Inspection
- UNSAFE BUILDING CONDITIONS - Examples include cracked or sagging beams, blocked exits, or exposed wiring
- HOUSING CODE VIOLATIONS - Examples include no running water, no heat, or water intrusion
- ZONING OR DEVELOPMENT CODE VIOLATIONS - Examples include fences or sheds with improper setbacks
- NUISANCES - Examples include blight, visible trash, or overgrown weeds
State of California Title 24 Disabled Access Regulations
City Building Inspectors are responsible for enforcing violations of California Title 24 Disabled Access regulations on existing buildings which have undergone construction projects with permits and inspections. Title 24 Access regulations require the owner to maintain accessibility features that were required under the permits that have been finaled. For related complaints email an inspector or call at 925-671-3330.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
ADA is a Federal Civil Rights issue. City Building Inspectors do not have enforcement authority for ADA violations. ADA issues on private and public property are handled through legal action in Federal Court. Aggrieved parties should consult with an attorney.
The City of Concord has identified ADA coordinators for both the public right-of-way areas (sidewalks, curbs, streets) and for public properties that are not part of the public right-of-way (e.g., City Hall buildings, Council Chamber).
For related complaints contact the Engineering Division.
For additional resources regarding ADA see our ADA Compliance page.
Building Inspectors & Building Code Enforcement
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, City offices will be closed until April 7th. Inspections will continue to be provided.
Multi-Family Rental Inspection Program
Phone: 925-671-3408 (Nosotros hablamos Español)
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, City offices will be closed until April 7th. Voicemail and email inboxes will be monitored during this period.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.