Picnic Sites

The City of Concord has group picnic sites that may be reserved up to a year in advance. Picnic tables that are not located in the group picnic site area are available on a first come first served basis.


Reservations can be made over the phone with a major credit card or in person at Willow Pass Community Center or Centre Concord. Full payment of use fees and damage deposit is required at the time of reservation. For information and site availability call 925-671-3404 from 10 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 3 p.m.

Due to the popularity of picnic sites, we recommend that you have someone in your group watch the site during the morning hours. The applicant named as the responsible party must be in attendance at the event and have a copy of the permit in their possession. Use your permit and payment receipt to show verification of your reservation in the event of a concern. We do not have site monitors. If you experience an unresolved conflict, call the Concord Police at 925-671-3220.


If you cancel with more than 60 days notice, we will refund 75% of fees paid. With 30-60 days notice, we will refund 50%. With less than 30 days notice, no refund will be given.

Rain Out

If it rains the day of your picnic, please call 925-671-3404 the first business day after your picnic. A rain check will be credited to your account. This rain check may only be used for a future park reservation within a year of the original date of your picnic. No refund will be issued.

Inflatable Play Structures

Inflatable play structures are allowed only in the designated group picnic sites with a picnic site reservation, not in the general park areas, and require proof of liability insurance as detailed below. One inflatable play structure per reserved picnic site is allowed. Use of such equipment is restricted to the applicant and guests and must not be accessible to the general public.

Inflatable play structures requiring water are not allowed. Inflatable play structures are not allowed in the Meadow Homes Spray Park.

Liability Insurance

If you are planning to bring in special equipment for your group (such as inflatable jumps), you are required to provide proof of liability insurance. Insurance shall provide for bodily injury and property damage liability protection in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate. The policy must include an endorsement, which names the City of Concord, its officers, officials, agents, employees and volunteers as additionally insured on the policy.

Applicant's insurance shall be primary to any insurance carried by the City. The insurance certificate shall be properly executed with an original signature of an authorized agent of the insurance company and must be in the reservation office at least two weeks prior to your picnic. A list of jumpy companies that have insurance certificates on file with the City is available upon request.

Alcohol Use Permits

The Concord Municipal Code (Chapter 66 Article IV) prohibits the use of alcohol in City parks except by permit. If alcohol will be consumed at your picnic, you must obtain an Alcohol Permit.

Alcohol Permits are available only with group picnic site reservations at Concord Community, Hillcrest, and Newhall Parks. Alcohol Permits will not be issued for non-reserved park use or with group picnic site reservations at Baldwin, Meadow Homes or Ygnacio Valley Parks. Alcohol Permits will only be issued upon proof of legal age to consume alcohol.

There is a non-refundable fee of $75 for an Alcohol Permit.

Refundable Deposit

There is a $200 refundable damage / nuisance deposit for each picnic site reservation. The refundable damage / nuisance deposit may be withheld should the group use result in any damages or a nuisance complaint requiring a response from the Concord Police Department. The refundable damage / nuisance deposit will be refunded if the site was left clean and/or applicant did not violate any of the Conditions of Use.

Peace & Quiet

Noise must not carry beyond your picnic site.

Amplified Sound

The Concord Municipal Code (Chapter 74 Article II) prohibits amplified sound or music in City parks except by special permit, subject to a public hearing process before the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Commission. Permits will not be granted for group picnic site reservations.

No Smoking

Smoking is banned in all City of Concord parks, trails, and open spaces. Please do not allow smoking by anyone in the reservable picnic sites.

Special Event Permits

Some parks may be available for large public events such as craft fairs, festivals or car shows. These require a Special Event Permit and the payment of fees for park use and City services. For information call 925-671-3403.