Spice up your child’s summer and experience the summer camp of a lifetime with Backyard Explorers. Grow, explore, play and connect with nature in Concord’s own Markham Nature Park. Every week campers will swim at Concord Community Pool and take two trips to visit Bay Area hot spots including the Oakland Zoo, Muir woods, The Wave, and Cal Academy! Every Friday staff put on a special event which include the Amazing Race, and Earth Festival, and a Talent Show. Come explore your backyard with us.
Spice up your child’s summer in this safe, nurturing and supervised day camp; making new friends and hanging out with old friends, fishing creek side for crawdads (if available), enjoying dynamic nature hikes, and winning together in team sports and exciting games. Weekly themed activities may include:
- Weekly trips of swimming, bowling, or picnic BBQs.
- Travel to kid friendly hot-spots including water parks, regional parks and the zoo.
- Singing camp songs.
- Creating innovative arts and crafts.
- Whipping up delicious cooking projects.
- Special events and competitions such as the Amazing Race, Water Olympics and Talent Show.
Regular Hours: 8:30 am-5:00 pm $265 Resident/$270 Non-Resident.
Extended Hours: 7:00 am-6:00 pm $300 Resident/$305 Non-Resident.
Children entering Kindergarten through 5th Grade for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Markham Nature Park, 1202 La Vista Ave.
Monday/Wednesday: Swimming at Concord Community Pool.
Tuesday: Mini trip, locations vary.
Thursday: All day trip--see the schedule below.
- Week One: Adventureland June 8-June 12: Cal Academy and the Lafayette Reservoir.
- Week Two: Animal Planet June 15-June 19: Movie Day and the Oakland Zoo.
- Week Three: Gold Rush June 22-June 26: Newhall Park and Black Diamond Mines.
- Week Four: Party in the USA June 29-July 2: Clayton Valley Bowl and Prewett Water Park.
- Week Five: Movin’ and Groovin’ July 6-July 10: Brenden Theatres and Pixie Playland (Bugs)/Sky High (Adventurers and Trackers).
- Week Six: Aqua Adventure July 13-July 17: Ruth Bancroft Garden and The Wave.
- Week Seven: Barnyard Palooza July 20-July 24: Lindsay Wildlife Experience and Cordonices Park and BBQ.
- Week Eight: Where the Wild Things Are July 27-July 31: Small World (Bugs)/QZAR (Adventurers and Trackers) and Muir Woods.
- Week Nine: Rock n’ Roll August 3-August 7: Rock City Park and a Field Day at Concord Community Park.
For more information, call Concord Parks and Recreation at 925-671-3404, or register online through the Parks and Recreation website.