Concord's 14 public playgrounds have been renovated since 1994 with state-of-the-art playground equipment. All playgrounds have been inspected to ensure compliance with the latest safety standards and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), so that children of all ages and abilities will be able to enjoy the experience.
Concord is home to Matteo's Dream - A Playground for Children of All Abilities, one of the few playgrounds in the nation where children who cannot walk, see or hear can play safely alongside children who can. Matteo's Dream, which opened in May 2007, is the largest playground in the City, located in Hillcrest Park.
A family favorite in Willow Pass Park, Pixieland has been serving families for two generations. A City partnership and lease agreement with the private operators has resulted in major renovations. Young patrons will be delighted by:
- Backroad Buggies
- Flying Dragon Coaster
- Miniature Train Ride around the pond
- Spinning Teacups
For more information, call 925-689-8841 or visit the Pixieland website.
List of Playgrounds
Playgrounds are located at the following locations in Concord:
- Baldwin Park, Parkside Circle
- Brazil Quarry Park, End of Kent Way
- Cambridge Park, 1135 Lacey Lane
- Civic Center, 1950 Parkside Drive
- Concord Community Park, 3501 Cowell Road
- Dave Brubeck Park, 4363 Concord Boulevard
- Ellis Lake Park,1736 Clayton Road
- Highlands Park, 1336 Pennsylvania Boulevard
- Hillcrest Park, 2050 Olivera Road
- Newhall Park, 1351 Newhall Park
- Rick Seers Neighborhood Park, 2273 Fox Way
- Sun Terrace Park, 3501 Montreal Circle
- Todos Santos Plaza, 2175 Willow Pass Road
- Ygnacio Valley Park, 900 Oak Grove Road