Parks & Recreation Openings
Current status of City of Concord Organized Events, Programs, Facilities and Recreation Services
In keeping with the March 12, 2020 executive order issued by Governor Newsom, all residents are to heed any orders and guidance of state and local public health officials, including but not limited to the imposition of social distancing measures, to control the spread of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Contra Costa County Health Services Health’s latest health order as of 12/9/2020, the status and availability of Parks & Recreation facilities and programs are:
Parks and open spaces, with some restrictions
- Picnic and BBQ areas at Concord parks may be used by household or living units only
- Picnic reservations are not being accepted at this time, so please, no parties, events or large groups
- Dogs must remain on leash at all in times in parks and on open space trails
- Park restrooms and drinking fountains
- Playgrounds (effective December 9, 2020.)
- See complete guidelines here and the latest opening-at-a-glance
- Baldwin Park Dog Park rules and hours
- Newhall Park Dog Park rules and hours
- An individual must not enter a dog park if it is not possible at that time, within the park, to easily maintain at least six feet of separation from all other persons.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except by persons to which an exception under the Face Covering Order applies.
Pickleball and Tennis Courts
- Open with certain restrictions and rules at Willow Pass Park, Pine Hollow Courts and Concord Community Park
- Please observe park hours and rules
- Diablo Creek Golf Course with certain restrictions
- Visit Diablo Creek Golf Course website to schedule your tee time
Senior Meal Program
- City staff will continue to facilitate the distribution of meals through the CC Café Senior Nutrition program
- Meals must be ordered ahead of time--Concord’s CC-Cafe registered participants need to call 925-825-1488 and leave a message
- Half day and full day camps have been modified to meet county health guidelines (small groups of 12 or fewer children for a minimum of 3 weeks)
- Virtual and in-person camps are available, more information here
Concord Community Pool
- As of 6/5/20, Contra Costa County has permitted pools to reopen with certain restrictions. We have been awaiting the arrival of necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training staff on new rescue protocols and facility procedures. The safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority
- Concord Community Pool reopened on Monday, June 22 for limited programming
- Please check here for the latest pool updates
Closed/cancelled until further notice
- Many indoor and outdoor City-sponsored programs, classes, activities and events. Please go here to view programs open for registration.
- Indoor recreation facilities: Concord Senior Center, Centre Concord, Willow Pass Center
- Bocce courts
- Basketball courts
- Sports fields (open for approved youth practices only)
The City will regularly reevaluate its COVID-19 response measures, and they may be modified or prolonged as needed.