February 15, 2017
Concord seeks applicants for City Treasurer
The Concord City Council has opened a recruitment for City Treasurer due to the resignation of Tim McGallian, who was recently appointed to the City Council. The appointee will fill the remaining term of the office of Treasurer, expiring in December 2018. Applications will be accepted from February 15 – March 10 at 5 p.m.
The duties associated with the office of City Treasurer are handled by the Senior Financial Analyst, a regular City employee. The elected City Treasurer serves as an advisor and to provide oversight of the following City programs:
- Receive and safely keep all money coming into the Treasury
- Comply with all laws governing the deposit and securing of public funds
- Pay out money only on warrants signed by legally designated persons
- Regularly submit to the City Clerk a written report and accounting of all receipts, disbursements, and fund balances
- Perform such duties relative to the collection of city taxes and license fees as are prescribed by ordinance.
Eligible applicants must be a registered voter, 18 years of age or older, a U.S. Citizen, and a resident of Concord. Interested applicants must submit an application and a completed Fair Political Practices Commission FPPC Form 700 Statement of Economic Interest. The application and Form 700 can be found on the City’s website for the recruitment at www.cityofconcord.org/citytreasurer. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk’s office, (925) 671-3495.