Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
6:30 p.m. Open Session. Council Chamber 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Helix
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- CONSENT CALENDAR
Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Considering - approval of the minutes from the meetings of April 2 and 4, 2016. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Considering - approval of a contract change order with Martinez Sheet Metal, Inc. in the amount of $3,050 for the Concord Police Department Evidence Freezer Upgrade Project. (Facilities Replacement Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Considering - Appointment of Jeff Koertzen as Concord's Representative to the Central Contra Costa Transit Authority Advisory Committee (County Connection.) Recommended by the Mayor.
- Considering - award of two contracts for the Pavement Rehabilitation Project - Salvio Street Complete Streets and Oak Grove Road, Project No. 2331: (1) a construction contract in the amount of $1,865,698 to MCK Services, Inc. of Concord; and (2) a Professional Services Agreement with Swinerton Management and Consulting of Concord in the amount of $119,799 for construction management services and $20,250 for materials testing services for a total contract amount of $140,049; authorizing the City manager to execute the agreements; and approving the associated budget transfers (Funded by: Measure J, Measure J Bond, Information Technology Operating Fund - Fund 634, 511 Contra Costa and Measure Q) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
This Project qualifies for a Categorical Exemption pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act Regulations Section 15301c - Existing Facilities.
- CITY COUNCIL PUBLIC HEARINGS
Persons who wish to speak on Public Hearings listed on the agenda will be heard when the public hearing is opened, except on public hearing items previously heard and closed to public comment. After the public has commented, the item is closed to further public comment and brought to the Council level for discussion and action. Further comment from the audience will not be received unless requested by the Council. No public hearing shall commence after 10 p.m. unless approved by majority vote of the City Council.
- Considering - Fiscal Year 2015-16 and 2016-17 Mid-Cycle Biennial Budget Update amending the Fiscal Year 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 Municipal Budget and 10-Year Forecast. Report by Janell Hampton, Budget Officer
- Considering - Fiscal Year 2016-17 and 2016-17 Biennial Capital Budget and Related Items. Report by Robert Ovadia, City Engineer
Correspondence received at the City Council meeting will be listed here on the Annotated Agenda.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 6/28/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|