City of Concord, California

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I apply for a Residential Parking Permit?

The City of Concord has established permit parking areas in order to alleviate, in certain areas and neighborhoods, motor vehicle congestion. If you live in a permit parking neighborhood, you must submit an application for a permit if you are going to park on the street. After doing so, you will be asked to provide evidence of residency within the permit parking area and evidence of vehicle ownership with the vehicle registered to the same address as the resident. Appropriate evidence shall include, but not be limited to, a current vehicle registration, a current driver’s license, a recent utility bill, or photocopies of these items, and the appropriate application fee, if any, established in the Resolution Establishing Fees and Charges for Various Municipal Services. To apply for a Residential Parking Permit, go to

How Do I apply for a Guest Parking Permit?

A guest parking permit may be issued in a designated permit parking area upon receipt of a completed application. Among the items required in said application shall be evidence of the applicant’s residency within a designated permit parking area, the license plate number of the guest’s vehicle; and the address of the residence being visited, which must coincide with the applicant’s address. To apply for a Guest Parking Permit, go to

How Do I apply for a Block Party Permit?

From time to time certain neighborhood groups want to have city streets closed for the purpose of conducting block parties or other similar neighborhood events. In the interest of public safety, the City Council has established a procedure for granting permits authorizing the temporary closure of city streets by the Chief of Police upon application. To apply for a Block Party Permit, go to

How Do I Request a Vacation House Check?

Vacation House Checks are offered to Concord Residents free of charge. Trained volunteers will perform a thorough inspection of your property while you are away. Vacation house checks include a perimeter check, physical and/or visual check of all doors and windows, verification of vehicles left on the property, verification of any people found on the property. To request a Vacation House Check, go to

How Do I Register My Video Cameras?

The Video Camera Registry Program is a website that allows residents and business owners to work in partnership with the Concord Police Department to help address crime issues by registering the locations of their video security systems. By providing this information to us, we will then be able to see where cameras are located within the City. If you register your camera, we may contact you if we are conducting a criminal investigation near your cameras. We will always ask permission to review the video from your security system and may ask if we can make a copy onto a storage device. Your camera may have captured information that can help us investigate these crimes. Recordings at the time of an incident may provide useful information related to the crime, such as a vehicle and person descriptions and directions of travel both before and after an event. To register your video cameras, go to

How do I report suspicious activity that might lead to a crime?

If you are aware of suspicious activity happening in a certain location of the City, the very best way to prevent a possible crime resulting from that activity is to report the suspicious activity to the sub-beat officer(s) in charge of patrolling that area.

Concord's crime prevention efforts are founded on a philosophy of Community Policing that promotes proactive problem solving and community engagement to address the causes of crime and other community issues. When the residents of Concord establish a direct dialogue with the sub-beat officers in their communities, proactive problem-solving can occur to prevent crimes before they are committed.

How to Pay a parking citation?

Parking citations can be paid online at, over the phone at 1-800-989-2058, in person at the Concord Police Department, or via mail to,
City of Concord C/O
The Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479

How to appeal a parking citation

Parking citations may be appealed within 21 days of issuance at, or via mail at,
City of Concord C/O
The Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA

To appeal your citation, please provide the following information:

  • An explanation as to why you are appealing the citation.
  • Your citation or your citation number.

If you are appealing a disabled parking citation, please include the following with your appeal.

  • A copy of your valid disabled placard, a copy of your disabled placard registration card, and a copy of your driver's license or identification card.

You will be notified via mail whether your citation was upheld or dismissed and what further action is needed.

How to report a traffic hazard or complaint

Any traffic complaint that involves a life-threatening situation such as a road rage incident can be made by calling 911.

Other traffic complaints may include but are not limited to speeders in your neighborhood, abandoned vehicles on the street, junk vehicles on private property, and parking violation complaints. These types of complaints can be reported by using one of the following options:

Via email:

  • Email the police department at
  • In your email Subject, please list the type of complaint (abandoned, junk, nuisance, etc)
  • In the narrative, please list the description and license plate of the vehicle, date or time-period of the complaint, synopsis of the problem, and your contact information (name/address/phone-- optional)
  • The Community Service Officer in charge of the Traffic, Parking and Vehicle Abatement unit will handle all emails.

In person:

  • Visit the Parking Services Unit.

How can I get a copy of a police report?

Contact the Records Bureau at (925) 671-3240.

How can I contact a patrol officer?

You will need to access their voice mail by dialing (925) 671-3311, press 4, followed by their three digit ID number.

What job openings are available in the Police Department?

Visit the city's employment website at, or for questions regarding a specific position, email Human Resources at

How can I become a volunteer for the Police Department?

Opportunities for Volunteering at the Concord Police Department include the following:

  • Explorer Program
  • Police Reserves
  • V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Police Service)
  • Concord PAL

Each program is distinctly different, so check out which one would suit your specific needs.

How do I determine if there are any registered sex offenders living in my neighborhood?

To check for registered sex offenders in your neighborhood, please visit the Megan's Law web site maintained by the State of California Attorney General's office. If you have additional questions, please contact the Special Victims Unit at (925) 671-3020.

Where is the nearest police academy?

Contra Costa County
Office of the Sheriff
Law Enforcement Training Center
Basic Police Academy
(925) 439-2181, ext. 3136

How can I get a restraining order?


Does the police department provide fingerprinting services?

Live scan fingerprinting is available to the public. Contact the community service desk at (925) 671-3220 for details.

How do I establish or become involved in a neighborhood watch group?

Anyone interested in Neighborhood Watch should call (925) 671-3075, or email us at

Who do I call to report a traffic hazard such as a malfunctioning signal?

From 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., contact Maintenance Services at 671-3132. After hours, contact Police Dispatch at 671-3333.

Who do I call to remove debris from the roadway?

For debris in the public right-of-way (streets, sidewalks), contact (925) 671-3448 during regular business hours. After hours, contact Police dispatch at 671-3333.

City of Concord CA