City of Concord, California

City Clerk's Office – FAQ's

  1. Where can I get a birth or death certificate or a marriage license?
    Birth, death, and marriage certificates and marriage licenses are issued by Contra Costa County. Please contact the Contra Costa County Clerk Recorder's office at (925) 335-7900 or see their website for more information about obtaining a certificate.
  2. When does the City Council meet?
    The City Council meets on the first, second, and fourth Tuesday of each month, unless a special meeting is called by City Council. View the meeting calendar online.
  3. When with the City Council agenda be ready?
    Agendas are posted by the end of the day on the Wednesday before each City Council meeting. Council Agendas & Minutes
  4. Where can I find City Council meeting minutes?
    City Council meeting minutes are available on our Council agendas and minutespage.
  5. What Boards and Commissions does the City have? How do I become a member of a Board or Commission?
    All of the City Boards and Commissions are listed on our website under the Boards and Commissionstab along with information about how to apply. Community residents interested in serving on a board or commission may obtain an applicationonline during the recruitment period. Board members and commissioners are selected by the full City Council through a competitive process.
    Current vacancies and more information about how to apply.
    Sign up for email updatesand be notified when new vacancies become available.
  6. How do I file a claim against the City?
    Please contact the City Attorney's office at (925) 671-3393.
  7. Where can I review Conflict of Interest Statements for elected officials?
    All conflict of interest statements (form 700) for elected officials are available on the Fair Political Practices Commission website.
  8. What is a public record?
    The Public Records Act defines "public records" as "any writing containing information relating to the conduct of the public's business prepared, owned, used, or retained by any state or local agency regardless of physical form or characteristics." California Public Records Act
  9. Where can I find the Municipal Code?
    The Municipal Code is a published compilation of City laws and their revisions organized according to subject matter (arranged by title, chapter, and section). The Municipal Code is updated periodically as new ordinances are adopted by the City Council.
  10. Where can I find more information about the Brown Act?
    The Ralph M. Brown Act is codified in Government Code Section 54950 et seq. The entire Government Code is available online at
  11. Where can I find more information about the Political Reform Act?
    The Political Reform Act is codified in Government Code Section
  12. Where can I find more information about the Public Records Act?
    The Public Records Act is codified in Government Code Section 6250 et.seq. The entire Government Code is available online at
    To submit a request to access any of the City's public records, please email the City Clerk.
  13. Where do I register to vote?
City of Concord CA